Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do I check if internet explorer IE is open or not?

Hi everyone,



I have an advertising board at a remote location running a web page (in IE) that displays advertisements. I already have a way of checking to see if the web server is running or not on the remote machine. However, I would also like to remotely check to see if IE is running or not. Maybe some kind of javascript that checks the remote computer for a file when IE is open (and if IE is not open the file does not exist). And if the file exists, than that would mean the IE is open, and it would display something for me saying so. I ope that I have explained myself properly. Basically I want to be able to log into my administration web site and check to see if IE is open or not (on the remote computer) from anywhere in the world. Does anyone have any ideas?



Thanks



How do I check if internet explorer IE is open or not?microsoft vista





You can set up logmein on your server and view its screen remotely to check this. I feel a disaster brewing, though. This means you are running the server in a public place? This is very dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers