Saturday, April 24, 2010

IE ActiveX Bar for local files: Advice?

For web development, I test IE on local files.



I've tried and tried to get IE to trust local files without displaying that danged "ActiveX blocked" thingie at the top of each page!



I don't want to disable security altogether!



I tried "setting intranet to low security" and that ain't it



. I can't figure out one of their "wildcard" patterns for a "special local zone. The Help file says, as usual, to "Contact your network administrator." Yup, that's me, and I keep talking to myself, but nobody's home.



Can someone puhleeze help?



IE ActiveX Bar for local files: Advice?safari browser





Not going to happen with activex controls anymore.



Look at what happens when you go to windows update... you have to accept Microsoft's activex controls also.



If you're developing for the web I'd avoid using activex altogether. Its a old tech that has long since had its day in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers