Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why does IE 7 deny access to frames on a web page and how can I correct it?

I am using Roadrunner webmail at www.webmail.carolina.rr.com. After logging in I access the Options page which has a left and a right frame. The left frame has several "buttons" that have various functions.



When I logon using IE 6 or Firefox I am able to see and use the buttons in that left frame. If I logon using IE 7 I cannot see the left frame and there is an "Error on page" displayed in the left hand corner of the window. When I click in the error it says access is denied to the left frame URL.



I called MS IE 7 support and they were unable to provide an answer...said it must be a problem with Outlook (?????). I've searched the MS IE 7 pages and blogs with no luck. Does anyone know what I can do/change/download to view these frames in IE 7 or do you know what in Outlook may be causing the problem? Like I said, I can view the frames using IE 6 and Firefox, just not with IE 7, using the same computer so it would seem that it is an IE 7 issue.



Thanks!



Why does IE 7 deny access to frames on a web page and how can I correct it?download ie





Update your Computer using Windows Update.



Also you may try changing the security level while on the site, maybe it is too high and it is not letting the "left pane/frame" load appropriately.



TO EMERSON:



Please read the question and answer appropriately. Do not just tell him to "Use Firefox". Maybe there is a reason he doesn't want to use Firefox, as he said it works there but he wants to know why it doesn't work on IE.



Why does IE 7 deny access to frames on a web page and how can I correct it?windows media player internet explorer



I am actually a support tech for roadrunner. and heres the story. There are alot of things that IE 7 just doesn't work with. One is the Road Runner Medic program. It won't even load with IE 7. The problem seems to be that that program just doesn't have the correct coding for alot of programs to be able to work. The good thing is.. if you have installed IE 7 you can uninstall it and your computer will default back to IE6 on startup. There is really nothing that you can do to change what is happening with that browser. These are things that Microsoft has to work out. Wish I could tell you a solution but there isnt one.
IE 7 has a patch that corrects a problem with getting to sites...I have had that problem ever since upgrading to the 7..would click on a site and it would pop up saying check connection or could not connect to website....finally went to the IE Support and found out they have a version IE 6 patch that goes into the version 7 for you .. will solve this...it works I have done that and no problems since......good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers